Spicy Curry Crab (Kari Rajungan Puedess)

Err... yes, there is a funny word in the title. First, I said, puedesss! it's mean as super duper spicy! As I am myself cannot hold the hot level of spicy food, so I must give up to this (really yummy) dish. The only thing I can do only pick the dry meat, which isn't get wet by the soup or my stomach would be restless in the whole day! 

It was a famous fact about its spiciness, but those also the attractive point that sold this dish. Bought in Tuban which famous for its seafood products (see my Smoked Fish post) this dish is gonna open your eyes widely, crushes your tongue, and more funny thing, if you have influence or cold, a rumor say it straightly relieved soon (well, watch away your snivel being waterfall too). Hmm..dare to try?

When I dare myself to try the curry, it has a good appetite. The soup is watery, savory because of the spices such :
candle nut, turmeric 
kencur (I don't know the international name, it's said Kaempferia galanga L or  pro hom in Thai)
lengkuas (same above; they are familiar with ginger, roots in shape but different in aroma and use)
garlic, shallot
salam leaves, lime leaves
ginger, lemongrass
coconut / santan (differs by recipe)
coriander and of course, lots of chili (or cayenne)

how to made : usually puree all ingredients except leaves, lemongrass and santan. Sauteed until getting the smell, pour santan/water and crab, let it boiled for 15-30 minutes. Serve. 

The Crab - It is actually use familiar blue crab, or rather called Rajungan, a wild living sea crab. Rajungan's meat taste sweeter and more tender although the amount is less than crab. The other initial, a leopard appearances (or dots) in its shell. Rajungan lived only on deep sea, rarely to never to appears in the surface nor beach but the cooking process is quite same.




0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

instagram me

THX4Visiting & Please :)

THX4Visiting & Please :)

Followers