Watercress Jeon (Korean Pancake)

Yum! Admitted myself as fans of Jeon, which in Korean Vocabulary means for pancake (according from Wiki  info here). This street food/snack definitely being on my favorite wishlist to eat if going there. In truth, I never yet goes to South Korea to eat it right on the place and enjoy the live atmosphere there. Sounds dreamy, hmm kind of.. lol~ So how do I know about Jeon? Watching a show! I bet if there's one food-culture show that makes me so affected, that's Kimchi Chronicles. I mean, I ever heard about Jeon before but when watching the host Marja in the street food episodes, it looks so tempting and mouthwatering! So, be inspired from how she cooks in her jeon version I challenge myself to made it too. At first I want to make pajeon, admitted myself again for fans of onions family and imagine how crunchy it would be, and then after looking on my kitchen I still have fresh watercress, my mind just said why don't try something new? it's same crunchy items, have unique flavor and more importantly, seductive!





For preparations :

fresh watercress
leeks
half of onion
2 - 3 eggs
pinch of salt and pepper
sausage

dough :
8 - 10 spoons rice flour
1 teaspoon sago flour
1 teaspoon corn starch
half cup of cold water






mix flours, salt and pepper in a bowl



add cold water, stir it until a bit creamy

add watercress (I love to keep the stalk so it bring more crunchiness)

chopped and slice all ingredients, then  add them into the dough

add eggs and mixed together

* I think you can add milk or cream to get more soft texture, but the corn starch giving effort to make it good


* the dough look

fry pan it in middle fire setting and back for each 5 - 7 minutes

* I use 20 cm diameter pan for this










and the final result...





0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

instagram me

THX4Visiting & Please :)

THX4Visiting & Please :)

Followers