Spagetti in Lemongrass-Basil Sauce with Young Mango Salad




































A spring of Lemon scent
It's just a shrine on the grass
That's you, my warm somebody
A fragrance that smile me away
Pondering into my presence
Because this lip are sealed for love
A fragrance that you smell so fine
Like a bird in a wings of love
Full thousand story of happiness
Yeah Baby, you're my Lemon
While I standing these feet on grass
Let me kiss you like a Basil
And pepper our heart for stronger line
until the times we standing together
In a cup-ple of lemongrass scent   
~ Lemongrass Scent



I just got myself back from fun and quality travelling times with my parents. Going to higher area, near to the mountain, of course soon to got a breathtaking views, beautiful natural landscape, fresh breathing air, cool wind and great bliss in all. I'm not overwhelming, or letting you took a mind that I just back from heavenly place. Nope. What I learnt is, a reminder, again and again that happiness is simpler than we thought. Wherever we are, sometimes it just need a hush that it's coming from our mind. 

Back to home, with still left the exhausted feeling, suddenly I want to eat something refresh. Pasta? Sure, why not. Sometimes I feel eating pasta can be a good options that suits in any moments, it also lift up my mood whether in togetherness or not. Doesn't it count as heavy dish? Probably but depend on how much we eat and the complexity of the sauce/ingredients we used. With spaghetti, which I frequently cook for easy reason, a typical pasta that known and loved by everyone and in any preferred type of sauce such simple Aglio e olio to something fusion with seafood, meat, herbs and classy wine. Of course, fresh basil and cheese are always nice friends than asked. But since I want something else, refresh in mind and light flavors, here's what I cook. Combining lemongrass, sweet basil, black pepper and the sourness of young mango, it's my mind interpretation of light and refreshment. Lemongrass, as we all know it's so aromatherapy, light scent, balanced of its sweet and sour and being my fave aroma. Even I have this a bath soap. Olive oil and Basil, it's a clear explanation. Some heat kick but smooth from black pepper and sprinkle of lime peel. With extra adding of vinegar I use apple vinegar) to arrest the taste. Later, slices of young mango which its sourness really tighten. Have it partly cooked with the sauce, and rest another on salad that combine in slices of shallot and arugula. No meat, since I want a light dish. For the Lemongrass-Basil sauce, actually we can found it in bottle. It's belong as Thai sauce. With young green and prominent smell of sweet basil, it taste good too. 


What I love, i realized that all those have strong scent but greatly synchronize in togetherness. Just like what I imagined, a light dish and refreshing flavor. The scent of lemongrass soften the sweet basil (and fresh basil leaves) and in reverse, it mild the bitter on lemongrass. The kick of black pepper, lime peel, chewy young mango are completely waking up with crunchy young mango, its sourness mixing in shallot and arugula. Sounds a noisy but irresistible meeting. It reminds me of fun times I just got with my parents and friends we've met there which from different cultures, places or backgrounds but we are one that times. A good reminder at least. 






Homemade Lemongrass - Basil Sauce: 
- put in food processor :
3 stalk of lemongrass (or minced)
2 cups of sweet basil leaves
1-2 tbsp Olive oil / Peanut oil
1 /2 tsp sugar
1/2 tbsp cilantro                                                                                   or 
1/2 tsp galangal (minced)                                     3 tbsp of a bottle of Thai Lemongrass-Basil dressing
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (adjustment)
salt and pepper -(adjustment)
lime peel / fresh mint (optional)
add enough water to easier mixing

- Pasta / Spaghetti - al dente
- 1 young mango - cut each half side into slices. Use one part in cook and the other for salad
- 1 shallot and garlic, minced

Salad :
half part of young mango, sliced
2 shallot (Asian are smaller), sliced
a handful of arugula (adjustment)
3-4 leaves fresh basil

1. Boiling the water, add a bit of salt and oil, pour the pasta / spaghetti to be cooked al dente.
2. Quick sauteed of minced shallot and garlic in Olive oil until fragrant, add slices of young mango until it mild then pour the Lemongrass-Basil sauce. Add the pasta / spaghetti. Stir well. 
3. Serve with fresh basil, sprinkle with lime peel / Parmesan as you want, and salad.





0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

instagram me

THX4Visiting & Please :)

THX4Visiting & Please :)

Followers